Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cheesecake

Cheesecake.
Yummy.
I've made two cheesecakes in my life. One for my 30th bday partay, and then one for my 31st bday partay. They both turned out smashingly. hehehe. When I went to do it this year again, I didn't have last year's recipe :( So I had to look up some online recipes and kind of guess which one was going to be good. Soooo... it turned out quite well and I'm going to post it for next year's go round

This recipe makes one huge 8.5" by 12.5" cheese cake of normal thickness, or perhaps a few millimeters thicker.

Graham Cracker Crust

Melt:
  • 2/3 cup butter
Stir in:
  • 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 cup ground walnuts
Pat into pan.

Cheesecake

Blend until smooth:
  • 3 lbs cream cheese
Blend until smooth in a separate bowl:
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 t lemon or lime juice
Blend cream cheese and egg/sugar mixture together until well mixed. Bake at 350 F for an 40 mins - to an hour. The cheesecake is done when it's puffed around the edges but the center is slightly moist and jiggly, or at least that's what they say on the internet. (Mine was puffed around the edges AND in the middle, and the top was getting golden and was about to start burning on top. Yikes! I think my oven bakes a lot hotter than it says. The recipe said to cook an hour, but the cheesecake was ready in 40 minutes.

No comments: