Monday, June 30, 2008

curried squash and bean broth soup?

Am pondering this one. Should I do it? I have nothing to loose. This might possibly be tomorrow's lunch, part of it, anyway.

So I made curried squash, carrots and spinach the other day. The curry sauce turned out fabulous, but the mix with squash wasn't good. The squash is too sweet to be in a curry. Unless it takes a minor roll in the dish. This time the squash makes up half my curry. I've eaten several portions but have gotten sick of it, and I still have like two more large servings of it. So am thinking of blending it with a bit of bean broth I have on hand....probably tomorrow though. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Wednesday July 2: The soup turned out quite well. It's much tastier than the curried squash stirfry. The big chunks of squash were too sweet. Blended with everything else they turned out yummy.

No comments: