Monday, June 2, 2008

dish/food repertoire

When I took piano lessons back in the day, my teacher enfasized the importance of having a repertoire of songs that you play well (and hopefully by memory), so that, should the opportunity arrise, you can play a few songs for friends, family or whoever.

I've found that this strategy is good for food as well. It's nice to have a bunch of tasty dishes that I can just whip up when need be. So here is a my repertoire list:
  • chopsui de curry
  • sour chickpeas
  • enchiladas
  • cazuela
  • pesto
  • vegetables and/or meat in almond sauce
  • hashbrowns - I make this as a meal with lots of vegetables like grated carrot, onions, green peppers, and sometimes other veggies I have laying around. I use a ton of oil and salt. That's the key to achieving tastiness
can also do:
  • pork chops and mashed potatoes
  • hamburgers
  • french fries
  • sushi
  • fajitas
  • burritos
and I hope to incorporate these dishes into my repertoire soon:
  • merluza - my suegra's got a great recipe for merluza made in the oven
  • paella
  • falafel (I hope to find a recipe for baked falafel)

One of my favorite desserts lately is grated apple and coconut milk topped with cinnamin, nutmeg, ground cloves, and sweet garam masala. I think I'm addicted to coconut milk, but I personally think it's pretty healthy, after all it is 100% natural.

I made vegan paella the other day because I didn't have any chicken or anything and it turned out surprisingly well.

No comments: