Thursday, June 5, 2008

Food, food, food

So today I made merluza and mashed potatoes for lunch. The cooking time was soooo much longer than what the recipes said. It turned out pretty good for a first try. I'll post the recipe after I've made it a couple times.

Lately, I've been thinking about how to be a locavore in Northern Minnesota, and have thought of some ways of going about it:
pumpkin pancakes -- I found a recipe that looks just fabulous
hunting deer - there are tons of them..possible recipes:
  • venison stir-fry
  • venison curry
  • grilled venison steak?
  • venison paella (made with wild rice if possible, hehe)
  • venison cazuela
  • whatever the Ojibwes ate
Another recipe that occurred to me:
The Up North sushi roll, consisting of wild rice and fresh walleye in a maple syrup sauce. Yummy. Someday, when I make it, I will post a picture. Hahaha.

I found a super interesting website that talks about food and diet. For people interested in healthy diet, I recommend checking it out. It's actually a pdf file that describes the "Intergrative Nutrition" program in NYC, like for people who want to study nutrition. But the actual pamplet they have prepared is intriguing. They even have posted a new food pyramid, the best one I've ever seen, might I add.

No comments: