Wednesday, April 9, 2008

a ton of sour quinoa

I made "sour quinoa", which is quinoa with Indian seasonings, I altered Madhur Jafrey's Sour chickpeas recipe. Lunch got a 4 from Vuko, he doesn't think quinoa can be a main dish. He said it was good but the pork chops were missing. jeje. poor guy. But now a have a weeks worth of sour quinoa so maybe tomorrow I can fry up the pork chops he wanted. We had apple pie/crisp for dessert. That turned out quite good. I give lunch a 5.5.

I find the sour quinoa and sour chickpeas recipes to be quite addictive. I think it's the cumin that gives it the pull to eat more. I really do. My enchilada recipe uses cumin as well and boy are the enchiladas addictive. That might be a good idea...to make quinoa-stuffed enchiladas this week. I have a ton of quinoa now, both regular and sour. So I could fuse mexican and indian and get an interesting dish. Both traditions seem to use a fair amount of cumin. Both enchiladas and sour chickpeas start by frying onions and tomatoes.

No comments: